Well, I'm writing again. Mainly because I'm bored. And I'm really tired. Naomi came over last night and put blue streaks in my hair again, it always looks really awesome, she's a great hairstylist and friend.
Work is pretty boring, very slow today. We're getting 2 new computers set up for the new people starting in the lab on Monday. Guy and a girl, seem like nice people. I'm totally ready for the day to be done, though. I love Fridays, but they always seem to drag out a little bit.
I'm really looking forward to getting away for the weekend and seeing Heidi and Ken. Cirque du Soleil should be a lot of fun, too- Ian has never seen it before. I hope he enjoys it. I made him promise to let me get a souvenier program, they're the best things to get, really.
On Monday, my friend Leiha (organizer of our dog meetup group) and I went back and forth trying to save a little white chihuahua mix from animal control. He was going to be put down on Tuesday. I was able to order his rabies shot, and Leiha drove 45 minutes to go out and get him. he's a healthy little dog, and looks just like Bridgett! He's been staying with Leiha for a few days, hoping her brother in law would adopt him. However, her brother in law isn't ready for the commitment, so the chihuahua (named Drake) needs a new home. Fortunately, Leiha's best friend (who is sadly in New York) is an animal lover and looking for a small dog. He comes down for Thanksgiving, and will meet Drake. Hopefully it'll work out, and little Drake will get an awesome home. He's a great little dog!
I don't have much else to update since yesterday. I went out to the barn last night and rode for a little bit, Rocket was actually pretty well behaved. I rode until a family named the Simpsons came into the ring. Let me tell you a little about the Simpson family. The mom, dad, and little girl usually come out, but occasionally their son with come out too. The little girl is around 9-10, and the boy is probably in his early teens. They own a spirited black and white appaloosa pony named Oreo (creative, I know). They will take the poor pony into the ring, and the mom and daughter will sit there and scream at each other. It mostly ends up in the daughter crying. Yesterday, it took them 20 minutes to mount their horse, and they've owned it for over 3 years. The family isn't rude, but they are inexperienced and know nothing about riding, much less about owning and training a horse. The horse has thrown the girl and kicked the mom, both receiving stitches on multiple occasions. They tend to chase people out of the ring, as they don't have control of 'Oreo', and Rocket begins to get a little nervous (me too). *sigh* There's your barn drama!
Anyway, I need to build a level (as I want to go into design soon) so I need to head out. Hopefully the trip this weekend will go well, and be really fun. Much love and see you Monday :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment