Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ho Hum

Ok, so I have a new blog. I kind of let the old ones go, and its much easier to start fresh. I'm leaving out the background story, and figured I'd just update the oh-so-exciting happenings of my life.


Well, Ian and I bought a house in May. We've mostly unpacked, although we're still going through things like hanging up pictures. There is so much we want to do, we don't even know where to start! In spring we plan to plant a tree and a few flowers, to liven up the front yard. It's pretty bare right now. We also want to build a small fence and redo our deck. *sigh* I'm still very happy we have the house, and I wouldn't trade it for the world.


I work at Destineer Studios (http://www.destineerstudios.com/) in the QA department. I really enjoy my job, and don't mind coming to work. I'm working on a portfolio and hope to gradually make my way into level design. I love problem solving and being creative, so I think its a great way to go. My coworkers are all nice, which is a relief. Somehow, its easier working in a male dominated field. At least I can come to work in a sweatshirt.



The 4-legged kids we have are doing wonderful, as normal. Little Chili seems to get into everything (including the trash). Even though he had his 3rd birthday in October, he still acts like a puppy. He usually has at least 2 toys in every room in the house, and when I put them away he takes them right back out. He's been curling up under the sheets with me at night, which is like having a little furry heater under the covers. Bridgett is her usual self. She loves being around me, and is generally happy, albeit neurotic. She's discovered the piles of leaves outside, and loves jumping and walking through them. She's gotten really used to wearing her sweater in the house, too. We recently took the pups to a Howl-O-Ween doggie event with our Toy Dogs of Raleigh meetup group. They both dressed up as Thing 1 and Thing 2, and ended up winning 3rd place in the contest! They were adorable.




I'm currently leasing a horse named Rocket. He is a 12 year old thoroughbred ex-racehorse, and has the sweetest personality. We are now riding Dressage, and hope to train and pass the training level dressage test eventually. I love going out to the barn to see him, I have so much fun!





Ian is doing well and enjoying his job at ferguson. He works pretty long hours, so is pretty tired by the time he comes home. Needless to say, he cooks more than half the time, and its always good! We were able to go to the Flobots concert on Monday night (http://www.flobots.com/) and it was amazing. Very good concert. The band has a great message.


We are going up to Richmond, VA tomorrow to visit Ian's sister, Heidi. I love seeing her, we have a lot in common. We'll be seeing the new Cirque du Soleil show, Kooza, in Washington DC on Saturday night. We'll head back to Raleigh on Sunday, just in time for work on Monday (oh, joy).


Not much else to update on. I plan to write more as things progress, it's going to be a busy 2 months!!!

No comments: