Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bibbity Bobbity Boo

Well, here I am again at work in the morning. We've been coming in at 7am instead of 8am several days a week now, which is hard (but at least I can leave at 4!) The new people seem to be working out ok, thankfully they don't talk a whole lot. The lab gets to go out to lunch today, company treat! (I wonder if they have $50 steak...)

I didn't do a bunch last night. I went to the barn for awhile. Rocket behaved pretty well, although I forgot to grab the whip before mounting, so he was a bit stubborn. Brittney was out there riding PJ with me, so its really nice having someone to ride with (her family owns Rocket). Rocket and I are getting better together. The hardest thing is keeping Rocket's head round, which is a key component in dressage. We'll get there, tho- we have time! He was a little cranky after the ride last night, but he still got a few carrots. I'll head out there again on Thursday.

I'm really excited for everyone to come and visit for Thanksgiving. It'll be busy and stressful, but I can't wait to see my family. I'm still attempting to plan dinner, which is a little overwhelming. At least we got the turkey (we ended up getting 1 12lb turkeys, not much of a selection- but the grand total was $10!) Thanksgiving dinner is hard on a budget.

Not much else going on today. Once again, I have quite a bit of work to do. I'm going through my 100+ page documentation and updating it for the new editor. Fun!

No comments: